Last updated: 9.3.2022
The trust of our customers and users of our site is important to us.
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use your personal data and protect your privacy when you are using skandino.com or otherwise. We apply the requirements of the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for the protection and use of personal data work for the benefit of our clients and users.
Vamos Natural Finland Oy, Business ID: 2916563-4
Address: Kangaskatu 2 76100 Pieksämäki, FINLAND
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +358 40 131 3800
We may update this policy from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update this policy, we will strive to inform you in a manner consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
Information we collect
We collect information about visitors to our websites and services, about people who join our mailing lists, and through interactions that occur through the emails we send.
We collect data about you as follows
Information you actively provide to us:
- your contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, name of your company, VAT-ID
- your account information, such as preferred payment methods and other choices you have made in your account
- your communications with our customer service or on site, such as reviews and public feedback
Information we collect automatically:
- information on our purchases on the site
- Information of the device you use, Information about, or stored on, your device, accessed with your separate consent where required, such as your contact list, location.
- technical information, including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information and the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use.
Information from other sources:
- We have access to follower information for some of our accounts. Companies that offer social media platforms, such as Meta Platforms Inc, maintain follower information in their own services.
- technical information [as described above]
- information of your payment from payment service providers, such as Checkout
- information from publicly-available sources such as publicly available posts on social media platforms and information available through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs).
We may also collect, use and disclose aggregated data for any purposes. This kind of data, such as demographic or statistical data, may be derived from your personal data, but it no longer reveals your identity and is therefore not considered personal data. While we may use your Profile Data to serve relevant adverts and other commercial communications to you and others, we will not disclose such data to our advertising partners in a form allowing for your identification.
Purposes of processing personal data
We use the collected information to
- process your orders and payments and deliver your products
- administer your customer relationship with us
- provide, administer and secure the site,
- analyze the use of and enhance the site
- personalize the site for you
- provide customer service and support functions
- develop our business
- market (including our newsletter and measure the marketing of our products and services
In addition, we may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Such processing is based on our legitimate interests, in particular the protection of our legal rights, your legal rights and those of others (e.g. other users of our services). We may also process any of your personal data where necessary for the purposes of managing risks or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interests, in particular protecting our business against risks.
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and use it.
Our processing activities are normally based on:
- performing a contract with you (e.g. providing and administrating the site, processing and delivering your orders)
- our legitimate interests (e.g. analyzing the use of and enhancing the site, developing our business, marketing)
- legal obligation (e.g. information of your purchases).
In some situations we may ask for your consent for processing your personal data. Where processing is based on consent you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
Disclosure of personal data
Where necessary for the purposes detailed above, your personal data may be shared to the following categories of recipients:
- Our group companies
- Our delivery partners (e.g. DHL or Posti)
- Our payment service providers (e.g. Checkout) and providers of other financial services
- Our providers of the chat function (such as [x]) and testimonials function on the site (e.g. [x])
- Our ICT service providers (e.g. Shopify whose platform we use to provide the site)
- Our service providers for the purposes of accounting and invoicing (e.g. Paypal)
- Our providers of legal services and other consultants
- Our marketing service providers
- Buyers and potential buyers (and their agents and advisers) in connection with any (proposed) purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- Any other person – but only with your separate consent.
We may also disclose your personal data to competent courts, law enforcement bodies, or other authorities or third parties where we deem that disclosing your personal data is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of any other person, or for compliance with laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, including when we enforce or apply our terms of service and/or any other agreements between you and us, investigate potential breaches or take measures to protect the rights, property or safety of Vamos Natural Finland Oy, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
Storing your personal data and data transfers outside EEA
We mainly store and process your personal data on third party servers. The use of third party service providers may require that your personal data is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. We will only transfer your personal data outside the said territory where the European Commission has held that the country ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data, or where we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal data remains protected in accordance with this policy, such as by implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal data. You may contact us for more information on the safeguards in place. In individual cases, such transfers may also take place based on your separate consent or in order to provide you with a service you have specifically requested or where otherwise allowed by applicable data protection laws.
We keep your personal data only as long as we have a legitimate business need to retain it for the purposes described above, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the scope, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data we process, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process the data and the relevant legal requirements. We will also regularly assess the data we keep, and where we deem retention unnecessary, we will either erase or anonymize the data or, if this is not possible – for example, for information stored in backup archives – we will store the data securely and block any further processing until deletion is possible.
We will usually retain personal data related to a customer relationship only for the duration of the relationship and for a reasonable period thereafter in order for us to be able to respond to inquiries or pending issues related to the relationship. However, some data may be retained for longer where we believe retention is necessary for compliance with laws or regulations (such as in the fields of accounting and taxation), or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or those of our customers, affiliates or partners.
In order to optimize the services we offer, we reserve the right to make automated decisions based on personal data, including using machine learning algorithms and profiling. Should we introduce automated decision-making measures that have significant effects on you, we will make sure that you will have the right to obtain human intervention, to express your point of view and to contest such decisions. We will inform you about such circumstances separately.
To protect your personal data, we use appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing and to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and unauthorized disclosure or access. Our personnel have been trained to observe information security in their work and we limit access to your personal data on a strict need-to-know basis. Our employees, agents, contractors and service providers will only process your personal data on our instructions subject to a duty of confidentiality.
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed by us, and where that is the case, access to that personal data, as well as to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified or completed. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to request the erasure, or the restriction of processing, of your personal data or parts of it, to object to the processing (including our direct marketing) and/or to receive the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please contact us for any inquiries related to exercising the above rights.
If you consider our processing activities of your personal data to be inconsistent with applicable data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority. Contact information for the supervisory authority in Finland can be found here: www.tietosuoja.fi
Cookies and internet advertising
What kind of cookies do we use?
Some cookies that we use are strictly necessary for providing the site and to make it work properly (“Essential cookies”).
Some cookies are used for producing information on your use of the website for the purposes of developing the site and our business in general (“Analytics Cookies”). Examples of the data collected by analytical is the type of web browser, operating system, website from which you enter and from which you leave our website, date and time and the sub-sites you browse at our website. The collected data usually does not make it possible to identify individual user, and we never try to connect the data collected by cookies to you.
We use Google Analytics which is one of the most common and trusted analytical tools. The cookies of Google Analytics may for instance track how long you spend time on our website and which sub-sites you visit. For more information see Google Analytics and its cookies at the Google Analytics info page: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Other Analytical cookies used are provided for instance by Shopify and Meta Platforms Inc.
Some cookies are used for marketing purposes, for instance targeting advertisements to you (“Advertising Cookies”).
Your choices on cookies
When entering the Site, you are asked whether you choose to give your consent to the use of Analytics cookies and / or Advertising cookies. You can also set your preferences on which cookies you will consent to. However, Essential cookies cannot be turned off if you wish to use the site.
You can withdraw your consent to Analytics and Advertising cookies anytime from the cookie preferences here. You can delete all existing cookies stored on your device through the settings of your Internet browser.