Little My Skandinos
Love The Moomins and Little My? With the Moomin by Skandino Collection, you can combine your favourite Skandino product with your favourite Moomin Character. All products, cup, plate and spoon, are designed and made with love in Finland.
Skandino® is a set of Finnish made EcoDesign tableware for children, developed in cooperation with speech therapists and occupational therapists. The design work has been done from start to finish with the children’s development and needs in mind.
Little My Skandinos tableware set comprises a cup, plate and spoon, designed and made with love in Finland.
- The cup supports the development of natural swallowing and improves the skill of drinking from a cup.
- The clever design of the plate supports the child’s self-feeding.
- The spoon is ideal for a small hand and mouth.
- The Skandino cup includes a cup and a limiting lid. The limiting lid and downwardly tapering frame help drink from the cup safely, the long thick handles make it easier to control the cup and lid. The cup can be used as a normal cup without the limiting lid when the child has learned to drink independently.
This adaptive cup does not have a spout because many speech language therapists does not recommend its use – long hard spout can cause different motor problems to a still developing small mouth. A child drinking from a Skandino’s cup is like an ordinary cup without fear of the harmful effects of a spout.
Because Skandino Cup facilitates independent drinking and is easy to control, the cup is also ideal for people with cerebral circulation disorder or Parkinson’s disease, for example. Many healthcare professionals recommend the Skandino Cup to their clients.
- The inventive design of the Skandino plate supports the child’s independent eating. The vertical edges keep the food on the plate, the trough-like angulation makes it easier to use a spoon, and thanks to the sloping bottom, the food flows into the corner of the plate, from which it is easy to catch it with a spoon.
This assistive plate helps your child for self-feeding. Thanks to the innovative design, the child manages to eat himself and gets important experiences of joy from eating, and that encourages the child to eat more and more independently which boost development of eating skills.
Because Skandino Plate supports independent eating, it is also ideal for elderly or visually impaired people, for example. Many healthcare professionals recommend the Skandino Plate to their clients.
- The Skandino spoon has a bowl suitable for small mouths and an ergonomic, wide handle, from which the child can get a firm grip at different stages of development. The product and its biomaterial are durable, tested, and safe.
This adaptive spoon has a bowl suitable for small mouths and an ergonomic, wide handle, from which the child can get a firm grip at different stages of development. The spoon is durable and easy to keep clean.
Watch a video about the Skandino’s products here.
Little My Skandinos are made of bio-based composite material, a mix of sugarcane and wood fiber from certified Nordic forests.
The best features of the biocomposite:
- No toxic chemicals
- Durable and Nordic high-quality
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Natural look and feel
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Recyclable same as conventional plastic
The material of the Skandino’s products has been carefully examined and does not contain Phthalates, PVC, BPA, Melamine or any toxic chemicals. It is 100 % safe for children.
There are no reviews yet.